- myTukar Certified is a technology-backed certification that offers customers the assurance and service of buying a quality used car
- myTukar Certified includes a 160-point Inspection with all defects rectified, 5-day money back guarantee, 12-month warranty on gearbox and engine, no mileage tampering, as well as no major accidents, fire and flood damage
Kuala Lumpur, 8 February 2023 – Malaysia’s most comprehensive used car ecosystem, myTukar has just launched myTukar Certified, the best-in-class technology-backed stamp of assurance certification for used cars. Backed by 100% transparency, detailed information and standardised inspections, this certification is the promise of quality and assurance that a used car is As Good As New. This follows the initiative by Carro, myTukar’s parent company, in introducing Carro Certified across all key markets, including Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and Taiwan.
CEO of myTukar, Derrick Eng said, “myTukar Certified is an important step forward towards redefining existing industry practices in the used car industry. We aim to alleviate the fears of used car buyers and are committed to changing the perception of pre-owned vehicles. myTukar Certified ensures customers can buy pre-owned
cars that are as good as new without compromising on quality, value, and safety standards.”
myTukar Certified includes the following key touchpoints:
● 160-point inspection – a comprehensive evaluation and refurbishment of the car’s mechanical parts and details on key areas: exterior, interior, road test, safety and underbody
● 5-day money back guarantee – full refund, with no questions asked
● 12-month warranty on gearbox and engine – covers the costs of repairs and replacements, including spare parts and repair work
● No mileage tampering – assurance of no mileage tampering
● No major accidents, fire and flood damage – 100% transparency around data about the car’s previous usage history, any damage, accidents, or repairs made by past owners
myTukar, powered by Carro, taps into Carro’s cutting-edge solutions such as AI-enabled capabilities and computer visioning to identify and resolve underlying issues in vehicles. This is supported by a team of in-house mechanics to ensure all-rounded inspections. myTukar’s offerings also extend beyond the purchasing stage, with post-purchase care services available to customers.
Buy a used car that is As Good As New
Used cars continue to be a more affordable and sustainable option, but potential buyers still fear they might end up with a jalopy due to a lack of transparency over vehicle and maintenance histories.
With myTukar Certified, customers can rest assured knowing all vehicles on the platform have gone through a standardised, rigorous inspection to find and fix all issues – just so they can own a used car that is As Good As New.
Derrick further added, “Although pre-owned vehicles are generally accepted to be affordable and sustainable options, buyers are still fearful of the potential problems or issues that may arise in terms of vehicle maintenance and other aspects. myTukar Certified is here to provide customers complete peace-of-mind. With the car’s full
refurbishment details up on the website, customers will have full knowledge of the vehicle they are purchasing beforehand. What’s more, with the many new retail experience centres now available nationwide, users are able to visit the physical stores and test the car quality for themselves.”
To drive home this message, myTukar’s parent company – Carro has kicked off a regional brand campaign, including a brand film, out-of-home advertising, as well as digital and radio spots, across Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
myTukar Certified reflects the company’s inherent mission of transforming the buying and selling experience into one that is more seamless and credible, positioning myTukar as the gold standard for quality used cars powered by technology and AI.