So you are trying to sell your car, but you need a Puspakom B5 Report before you do so. What is Puspakom and how do you get a Puspakom B5 Report?
Puspakom is the authority that inspects commercial and private vehicles and determines if they are roadworthy. You need this report if you want to say, sell your car. The B5 report is proof that your car is safe to drive. But how do you get a B5 Report? There are several ways.
Before you go for the inspection or make an appointment, you need to ensure you have the right documents ready for your inspection.
- Original vehicle registration card/ Vehicle ownership certificate.
- Liability release form if the owner gets a representative to bring in the vehicle for inspection.
Types of Puspakom Inspections
A great thing about the Puspakom inspection is that you can either go to them, or have them come to you.
As restrictions meant to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the country loosen, Puspakom has elected to allow walk-ins. However, you could run into a long line and have to wait for a long time before your turn. You will be charged RM30 for the inspection.
Appointment via Website or App
First things first, you can either visit the website or download the app. You will need to register then input all the vehicle and owner details. Once that is done, you can select an available slot at a Puspakom branch of your choosing. You will need to pay the RM30 fee with an additional RM3.5 for the online booking via online payment.
There are three different services that conduct doorstep inspections: the mobile truck (for heavy commercial vehicles), light mobile (for light commercial vehicles), and mobile van (for private vehicles). Whichever you choose, you will get an inspection report immediately after the inspection. Unfortunately, this service only covers Peninsular Malaysia. You will also need to pay a fee of RM100 per vehicle inspected on top of the usual fees.
Now that everything is ready, all you need to do is to show up!
- If you made an online appointment through MyPuspakom, go to the dedicated lane and scan the QR code at the terminal.
- Verify you documents at the registration counter.
- Puspakom’s vehicle examiners will drive your car to the inspection lane and:
- Check Identification – Verify and confirm the identity of the vehicle by checking registration, chassis and engine numbers.
- Conduct a Tinted Glass Test – Measure visible light transmission (VLT) rating of windscreens and windows in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Inspect the Above and Under Carriage – The upper and underbody of the vehicle will be examined to ensure roadworthiness and that it has not been cut and joined.
The inspection process takes about an hour, after which Puspakom will issue a computer-generated vehicle inspection report that will be valid for 60 days. After 60 days, the report will no longer be valid and you will need to get your car reinspected.
You can contact Puspakom directly at 1800-88-6927 for more information.
Or you can come to myTukar and sell with us! We will take care of everything, including the Puspakom B5 report. all you need to do is go to any myTukar Inspection centre and receive your offer!
*Images are copyright of their owners and sourced from Puspakom website.